Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Cool Cool Kids


 Children are such fascinating creatures.  I have three on them and they never cease to amaze me.  From their off center questions to their surreal dance moves, children make adults find it hard to imagine we were ever that small and full of wonder. Kids are a lot cooler than we could ever imagine.  That’s a big deal for me to admit because I think my children are the coolest kids in the world.  Here are ten cool things about children I bet you didn’t know.
  •  Between birth and 3 years old, is the fastest stage of human development.
  •  Children have 300 bones at birth but 206 in adulthood because many bones fuse together as the child gets older.
  • The average 4 year old asks over 400 questions a day.  (I think that’s low balling!)
  • In the 1600s, in England, boys and girls wore dresses until they were about 7 years old.
  • Pharaoh Ramses II had over 160 children.  (Talk about being fruitful and multiplying!)  
  • At birth babies have no knee caps.  (Since I’ve gained a few pounds, mine has disappeared as well.  Does that mean I’m looking younger? LOL)
  • 60% of the energy a baby uses in the brain. (The world would be a better place if never grew out of this!)
  • Alex Martin became the youngest card-carrying Mensa Member at age 3.
  • Youngest children usually grow up to have creative careers.
  • Watching TV can act as a natural pain killer for a child. (Step one in becoming a zombie.)
Hopefully these fun facts will give you a new appreciation to the little ones in the world.  Just another reason to love them even more!

To learn more about Violette, visit www.violettemeier.com

Sources:


2 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know most of these facts about children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't know most of these facts about children.

    ReplyDelete